[upki-fed:00482] Re: FYI: ブラウザのIPアドレスを元に属性を生成するIdPプラグイン

みなさま

 千葉大 野田です.

以前に西村先生からご紹介いただいたプラグイン,
UK Federationから図書館関係者向けのメール広報が出ました.
(JISC LIS-E-RES メーリングリストより)
プラグインが活用できそうな想定事例もありますね.

ご参考まで。。。

---
The UK federation has developed a Shibboleth IdP extension which lets the identity provider (most commonly an institution)  release an attribute which is dependent on the user's IP address. So, for example, the IdP could release an entitlement indicating that a student was logging in from the campus network.
This allows the user's IP address to be used to be matched against policy rules to inform service providers (most commonly publishers) about the user's network location.
An example of how this could be used would be where a license has different terms for on-site and home use. The "user agent attribute" could then be used to define which locations were permissible for a particular use case. In the context of a resource that had terms in its license that meant it should only be access when supervised by a teacher (in a schools context), it would allow the resource provider to prevent a user accessing the content when outside a school.
The UK federation has developed this extension with the schools sector in mind, however if you think it would help your own situation or just want to know more, please contact us or click the link below
http://www.ukfederation.org.uk/content/News/2012-07-05-UAA
Many thanks
Mark
Mark Williams